Booking Terms and Conditions
Conference and AGM
15 – 16 September 2016
Vanbrugh College, York University
Putting the Social back into Palliative Care Social Work
1. You are registering yourself, or others within your organisation, as paying delegates for 2016 APCSW conference (herein referred to as the “Event”) when you book through our online system. Membership discounts can only be applied if the delegates are members at the time of booking. Membership discounts cannot be applied retrospectively to bookings.
2. Payment for the full amount should be made at the time of booking through the website. If you require an invoice booking places can be “reserved” but we would request that payment should be received before the conference dates.
3. If you are unable to attend, a substitute delegate is always welcome but if this person is a non- member then they should pay the non- member rate. Any amendments in the booking needs to be made via the APCSW website via the email address email@example.com.
4. All cancellations must be made via the website contact page. After Thursday 11 August 2016 any cancellations will be at full cost. Nonattendance will be deemed as cancellation, and 100% of the fee will be charged.
5. It may be necessary for reasons beyond the control of the organisers to alter the content, speakers or timings of the events.
6. APCSW cannot accept liability for transport disruption or individual transport disruption.
7. All delegates’ details will be kept on our records, but we will not share your details with anyone and we will not contact you about anything other than the event you are booked to attend unless you have indicated otherwise.
8. Booking indicates acceptance of our booking conditions.
9. We will send you written confirmation and joining instructions approximately 10 working days before the APCSW conference. This will include a conference programme and joining information/venue location.
10. We aim to hold our events at venues that are wheelchair accessible as far as possible. We can provide support for disabled delegates on request. Please let us know your requirements as early as possible on your booking form so we can do our best to accommodate your needs.
11. The Organisers do not accept responsibility for any loss of, or damage to personal property, however, the Delegate will be responsible for damage to the property of the venue or the Organisers caused by themselves or their guests during an event and will agree to make good or pay full restitution for the making good of any such damage. Personal injury or any kind of liability which may arise from the use of the venue caused by the Delegate in any part of the venue will not be the responsibility of the Organisers.
12. Force Majeure – APCSW shall not be held responsible for any delay or failure in performance of its obligations hereunder to the extent such delay or failure is caused by fire, flood, strike, civil, governmental or military authority, acts of God, acts of terrorism, acts of war, epidemics or acute outbreaks of communicable disease, the availability of the location for the Event or other similar causes beyond its reasonable control.
13. The Organisers shall not be liable to the Attendee for any loss or damage (whether direct or indirect) which may be suffered by the Attendee due to any circumstances or events beyond the Organiser’s control including, but not limited to, acts of God, war, riot, strike, lock-out, trade dispute or labour disturbance, accident, breakdown of plant or machinery, fire, flood, storm, leakage, shortage of or inability to obtain materials, failure of supply of electricity or telephone or compliance with any regulation, direction or request made by a Government authority.
14. If the conference has to be cancelled due to events beyond the control of the organisers, then APCSW will not be held liable for any costs incurred by the delegates such as those for travel and accommodation. The registration fee will be refunded, less any costs incurred by APCSW.
15. The conference fee includes conference registration, conference materials, Lunch and refreshments. It also includes conference dinner and accommodation on 15 September for delegates booking for the full conference only. It does not include travel to the venue or accommodation except as stated.