Date(s) - 13/09/2018 - 14/09/2018
9:30 am - 5:00 pm
University of York
The 2018 Annual Conference “Tackling Poverty in Palliative Care” will be on Thursday 13th and Friday 14th September at York University.
We will have poster displays so please bring yours along.
These are some of the highlights:
Keynote presentation from Luke Clements, Cerebra Professor of Law & Social Justice at the University of Leeds “Continuing Health Care Funding and End of Life Care”
Workshops in the morning and afternoon featuring;
– “The Impact of Poverty and Adversity on Refugees: Social Work without Borders Perspective” Luke Sebit-Berridge from SWWB will lead this workshop session
– Universal Credit Overview: led by York & Ryedale Skills, Recruitment Partnership Manager
– Collaboration between legal services and palliative care settings; addressing legal issues in end of life care – led by Paul Mounce from Gosschalks solicitors in Hull
– LPA (Lasting Power of Attorney) will be led by Kevin Chesters Social Work Team Manager at Douglas Macmillan Hospice
(More information about workshops is available by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org)
Gillian Chowns: Poverty in Palliative Care; An International Perspective
AGM and Conference Dinner
Guy Shennan Convenor BASW Austerity Action Group “Booting Out Austerity”
Dr Caroline Shulman from King’s Health Partnership (GP in Homeless and Inclusion Health) “Understanding the complexity of need for people who are homeless. How can we work together to improve palliative care”
Members’ Presentations include;
– Wendy Ashton discussing “Public Health Funerals can be impersonal and distressing. How do we address this?”
– James Neil will present on Scottish Funeral Plan costs.
– APCSW member Diane Waters will present on a Creative Group working with young people “The Star Book”
QSA updates from Lindesay Mace “What’s New? The Good, the Bad and the Ugly”
Debate: Hospices are not doing enough to ensure equitable access to palliative care
Finale show from Full Circle Productions
A full programme for the event can be found here.
Two day conference (includes dinner and entertainment on 13th September)
Members, Friends and Associates £175.00
Non – members £235.00 (for non-members the two day conference costs include 1 year’s free membership for full conference attendees only and is subject to eligibility)
Day Delegates (per day)
Members, Friends and Associates £80.00 per day
Non-members £110.00 per day
Travel bursaries are available
If you are attending Day One please ensure you choose one workshop for the morning and one workshop for the afternoon on the booking form. IF YOU ARE ONLY ATTENDING DAY 2 PLEASE IGNORE THE WORKSHOPS SECTION.
Please note if you are planning to stay overnight in York before the conference we advise you to book your conference place as soon as possible as York can get very busy during the “conference season”. Please email email@example.com if you have any questions.
For full Booking Terms and Conditions click here.
If you are not able to pay by Pay Pal or credit card please download the paper booking form here. Please complete fully and advise invoicing information.
Bookings are closed for this event.