Date(s) - 25/10/2017
9:00 am - 1:00 pm
Categories No Categories
This conference will provide a timely opportunity to discuss the progress of NHS England’s New Models of Care programme, as well as the challenges and opportunities in delivering vanguard sites and service redesign.
As the agenda includes discussion on new care models within mental health, with a keynote from Claire Murdoch, Chief Executive, Central and North West London NHS Foundation Trust and National Mental Health Director, NHS England, I thought this seminar might be of interest to you.
Rob Webster, Sustainability and Transformation Plan Footprint Lead for West Yorkshire and Chief Executive, South West Yorkshire Partnership NHS Foundation Trust; Dr James Kingsland, President, National Association of Primary Care (UK); Professor Chris Drinkwater, Chair, Ways to Wellness and senior speakers from NHS England and National Voices have all agreed to deliver keynote addresses.
Delegates will assess progress on meeting Department of Health targets for new models of care to cover at least half of England’s population by 2020, and the role the programme will play in supporting the Sustainability and Transformation Plan process.
Planned sessions also focus on ensuring New Care Models improve the sustainability of health and care services, as well as the potential of vanguards and service redesign to reduce pressures on general and patient experience and choice under New Models of Care.
Overall, areas for discussion include:
- Implementing New Models of Care and opportunities for further service redesign: progress and next steps;
- Assessing the relationship between Sustainability and Transformation Plans and New Care Models: finance, prevention and patient experience;
- Progress of the mental health pilot sites;
- Case studies on New Care Models:
- Next steps for scaling up the Primary Care Home;
- Evaluating the potential of social prescribing;
- Measuring the impact of PAC vanguard sites; and
- Opportunities for the third and independent sector to deliver New Models of Care.
The draft agenda is copied below my signature, and a regularly updated version is available to download here. The seminar is organised on the basis of strict impartiality by the Westminster Health Forum. Follow us @WHFEvents for live updates.