Date(s) - 15/09/2016 - 16/09/2016
9:30 am - 4:15 pm
University of York
The 2016 Annual Conference will be on Thursday 15th and Friday 16th September at York University.
We will have poster displays so please bring yours along.
These are some of the highlights:
– Keynote presentation: Compassionate Civics: The challenge for social work in palliative care by Professor Allan Kellehear from Bradford University
– Understanding the Polish principles of social work in palliative care and exploring their community involvement presented by Dr Piotr Krakowiak, Professor of Social Work at Nicolaus Copernicus University in Torun, Poland
– Self- Care and Compassion Fatigue with Adrienne Vince and Dr Lauren Henshall
– Workshops on Day 1 Evaluation and Audit, CPD and Digital Legacy (choose one workshop only)
– Sessions on working with children: What school communities want from their local hospice: the findings of an action research study between a hospice and primary schools: Dr Sally Paul from Strathclyde University plus Children facing Bereavement: the Social Context: Alison Penny from Childhood Bereavement Network
– How to avoid the Debt and Distress caused by the expense of a Funeral: Fiona Singleton from Down to Earth/Quaker Social Action
– A chance to debate what we as Social Workers and as an Association can do to assert a Systemic /Psychosocial Model in Palliative Care
– Observations from Death Cafe study groups: Dorcas Lambert, Bradford Royal infirmary
– Opportunity to network with colleagues from around the UK
A full programme of events can be found here APCSW Conference and AGM 2016 Final Programme
Two day conference (includes dinner and entertainment on 15th September)
Members and Friends: £150.00:
Non – members and Associates £200.00 (for non-members and Associates the two day conference costs includes 1 year’s free membership of APCSW and only applies to full conference attendees and is subject to eligibility)
Day Delegates (per day):
Members and Friends: £70.00
Non Members and Associates: £100.00
Travel bursaries available.
Please choose one workshop only if you are a full Conference delegate or attending Day One only as a day delegate
Please note: if you are planning to stay overnight in York before or after the conference we advise you to book your conference place and accommodation as soon as possible as York is very busy during the “conference season”. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need further information.
For full Booking Terms and Conditions click here
If you are not able to pay by Pay Pal or credit card please download the paper based booking form here, complete fully and return to the address shown with full payment.
Any queries then please feel free to email email@example.com. Invoices can be issued on request for Pay Pal/credit card payments.
Bookings are closed for this event.